Netflix forever changed the way we watch TV. There are premieres throughout the year and seasons don’t all start in the fall, especially on streaming services. The major broadcast networks stick to a traditional schedule, though, which means there are exciting new shows launching soon.
There are a few that I’m particularly excited to see this fall. I’ve already started Pennyworth, and I’m looking forward to Nancy Drew and The Mandalorian. It should be an exciting fall of new programming – buckle up and set your DVR to record!
PENNYWORTH premieres July 28 on Epix
Bruce Wayne’s legendary butler Alfred Pennyworth began his career working security for Thomas Wayne. Set in the 1960s, the story isn’t really a spinoff or prequel to Gotham, but focuses instead on Pennyworth’s backstory.
NANCY DREW premieres Oct. 9 on The CW
In the spirit of Riverdale and The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, the newest addition to the CW is Nancy Drew. With a supernatural twist and a full cast of edgy teenage characters, the new show features teenage sleuth Nancy Drew and her sometimes boyfriend Ned Nickerson battling ghosts and crime in a small town.
THE MANDALORIAN premieres Nov. 12 on Disney +
One of the big draws of the new streaming service is the Star Wars franchise. The Mandalorian is the first original, live-action Star Wars television show for the entertainment powerhouse. Set during the timeline of the original Stars Wars trilogy, the show follows a Mandalorian warrior (think Boba Fett).
Set your DVR to record all the new shows
Viewers can look forward to a steady stream of new shows on the small screen. There are so many new shows; you might have trouble prioritizing what to see first. Here’s a handy guide to the premiere dates for the biggest shows. Make sure your cloud DVR is set up to handle the onslaught, so you don’t miss a thing.
- Red Bull Peaking (The CW), 9 p.m.
- Bob (Hearts) Abishola (CBS), 8:30 p.m.
- All Rise (CBS), 9 p.m.
- Prodigal Son (Fox), 9 p.m.
- Bluff City Law (NBC), 10 p.m.
- Mixed-ish (ABC), 9 p.m.
- Emergence (ABC), 10 p.m.
- Stumptown (ABC), 10 p.m.
- Perfect Harmony (NBC), 8:30 p.m.
- The Unicorn (CBS), 8:30 p.m.
- Sunnyside (NBC), 9:30 p.m.
- Carol’s Second Act (CBS), 9:30 p.m.
- Evil (CBS), 10 p.m.
- The Politician (Netflix), streaming
- Bless the Harts (Fox), 8:30 p.m.
- Godfather of Harlem (Epix), 10 p.m.
- Almost Family (Fox), 9 p.m.
- Batwoman (The CW), 8 p.m.
- Kids Say the Darndest Things (ABC), 8 p.m.
- Back to Life (Showtime), 8:30 p.m.
- Nancy Drew (The CW), 9 p.m.
- The Birch (Facebook Watch), 9 p.m.
- Limetown (Facebook Watch), 9 p.m.
- Looking for Alaska (Hulu), streaming
- The Mandalorian (Disney+), streaming
Disclaimer: This article may have had additional images, links or data that was added by this site's editor.
We are happy to be a featured partner of the Cord Cutting Daily news network.